Every time I have a brief lapse in posting new recipes, I always seem to come back with an uber healthy kale dish don’t I?
Maybe I’m trying to make up for lost time. Maybe I try to reappear with an extra nutritious dish every time I go MIA. Or maybe, just MAYBE, I am more in love with kale than ever before.
And quite possibly, it’s a mix of all three.
I tend to always say my favorite ingredients to cook with are kale, quinoa and sweet potatoes (typical vegan). I should have thrown some quinoa in this for good measure, but this salad is perfect without it. It’s ridiculously simple, but oh…SO delicious. When I crave a salad, you know it’s gotta be good. I also think the addition of some roasted tofu would be great especially come wintertime.
Enjoy this with the potatoes fresh from the oven, or chilled to nom on the beach 🙂
1 bunch kale, chopped or julienned (whatever version is fine)
2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
2 baby cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds
1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 avocado, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
Sea salt and black pepper
MAPLE CASHEW DRESSING
3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil, chili powder and salt and pepper
- Lay on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, blend all dressing ingredients together until creamy
- Toss together kale, cilantro, green onions and cooked potatoes together
- Top with cucumbers and avocado and drizzle with dressing